Hope everyone is doing well, both back in Canada and wherever else you’re reading this from. According to our web stats, you are a very diverse bunch:
Some of you may have noticed some changes around here. This will be an ongoing project as we try to improve the blog and promote it more effectively. I am also working on some paying projects for clients, so I have to balance these tweaks with that work. I’ll share some of that when the time is right. Anyway, here are some of the changes:
- I have finally done some of the basic things websites do through social media to promote themselves. If you use Twitter, you can now follow us there. If you’re on Facebook, you can join our “fan” page. These are two easy ways to get notified every time we put something new up. Also, the RSS feed at the bottom of the pages is now active, if you’re into to that sort of thing. Actually, all of these links are now working at the bottom of the page.
- I’ve widened the overall page width in order to display larger photos, as this has become at least partly a photo-based site.
- The “Who” page(s) have been altered quite a bit to better organize some info about us and to add space for guest contributors. For now, our good friend Dale will just be sharing some posts from his upcoming trip to India, but in the future, we’d be more than happy to allow some guest contributions from other people’s travels. If this sounds interesting to you, get in touch.
- The “When” page has been updated to Laura to add links to several of our past blog posts. This is an ongoing effort, and we hope to continuously update this. It not only provides a day-by-day chronology of our trip (largely for us), it also allows new or old visitors to get more info about our actual route and to find old blog posts.
- The “Where” page is also undergoing some construction. I will be updating the Google maps and adding more for Italy, Morocco, Romania, Iran, India, etc., as we go.
- The other two static pages (What and Why) will also be tweaked in the next little bit. I’m also considering adding a “How” page to outline some of our approach to travel and add links to the country-specific travel tips we intend to eventually post.
I also really want to say a great big THANK YOU, for everyone checking this site out. It’s been such a positive experience for us to be able to share our journey with you, and the comments literally make our day every time we log in and see them. If you haven’t commented yet, please do. We’d love to know who else is checking this thing out. The comment form asks for your email, but only Laura and I can see it.
Leave a Reply